New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: What's a good static site generator to use for a blog in 2018?

Ask HN: What's a good static site generator to use for a blog in 2018?
2 by artemis73 | 0 comments on Hacker News.
Hello HN community, I've been meaning to start blogging for a while now but I never got around to it. I do have some time this weekend and I thought I'll give it a whirl then. I recently read about Hugo and I was wondering if it's good enough for me to start with? Has anyone used it? How has your experience been so far? My posts will mainly focus on little programming tidbits that I learn while I'm working so yes, it will involve code snippets. Markdown support is a huge pro for me as well. I am aware of Jekyll as it's one of the biggest players in this segment but everyone's been complaining about its speed which is why I'm not leaning towards it. If anyone's got some advice on what SSG I can use, fire away. If you can, highlight both the pros and cons so I can make an informed decision on this. Thank you for your time! Cheers!

Post a Comment

0 Comments